The team behind Akyra
GradDipMgmt, FAICD, CAHRI, JP (Qual)
Human Resource & Employee Relations Specialist
Margaret’s expertise comes from working with small-to-medium and corporate enterprises across a myriad of industry and service sectors in the private and not-for-profit areas.
Key strengths include fluency in the language of business underpinned by on-the-ground experience together with a broad knowledge and understanding of the legislative environment and contemporary practices for human resource management and business sustainability.
Previous roles held by Margaret include managing director, CEO and consultant with responsibilities covering human resource management, business development, stakeholder relations, community-business partnerships and strategic and business planning.
Conference papers 2013: Achieving HR benchmarks, Akolade HR Measurements & KPIs Forum
2012: A sustainable workforce in Regional Australia, SEGRA Conference
2009: Leveraging Community-Business Partnerships, NFP Association Conference
2007: Employment Branding and Diversity in the Workforce, Diversity Council Australia
2006: Leveraging Community-Business Partnerships, Local Government Association, Qld
Margaret is an alumni of the Australian Graduate School of Management; fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors; and member of the Australian Human Resources Institute.
Certifications include Saville Wave Psychometric Assessment, ACER Select (verbal and numerical reasoning) and ACER Test of Abstract Reasoning.
As a recent Mass Communication graduate, Rachel brings her love for new media and connecting with people to Akyra. Previously, Rachel has worked for the Federal Government, international online retailer ASOS and Inspire Group Investments. With skills in social media management, community engagement, content creation, project management and marketing strategy development, Rachel can provide a comprehensive marketing approach.
Examples of client work include:
- Successfully manage, monitor and update various social media accounts
- Develop creative strategies for increasing engagement and followings across social media platforms
- Generate and successfully release a diverse range of traditional and digital marketing materials
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with fellow employees and external companies, to create unique marketing content
- Manage and coordinate marketing and promotional activities to support the expansion of the organisation’s customer base
- Formulate, schedule and implement events with community groups
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media agencies and journalists.
- Bachelor of Mass Communications (QUT)
- START QUT Program
- Certificate III in Financial Services
- Queensland Certificate of Education